The Carolinas Food Industry Council (CFIC) is proud to offer employees of its member companies the opportunity to apply to win a $2,500 Everett & Trudy Suddreth Scholarship of Excellence Award. Funded by the Council’s charitable foundation, the Retail Consumer Alliance (RCA), this scholarship is awarded annually to a total of 40 deserving students.
- A spouse or dependent of a permanent, full-time employee of a CFIC Retail, Wholesale or Supplier Member Company. (Employee must be employed for at least one year as of 1/1/21.)
- Any student who at a minimum is a part-time employee of a CFIC Retail, Wholesale or Supplier Member Company. (Student must be employed for at least six months as of 1/1/21.)
NOTE: The food industry employee (whether a parent or student) must work at a CFIC Member Company location in North or South Carolina, and must be employed at the time the winners are selected. Qualified scholarship recipients may attend a college located in any state.
- High School Seniors enrolling for the 2021 fall semester as College Freshmen and College Undergraduates enrolling for the 2021 fall semester.
- Students who have previously received a CFIC scholarship are eligible to apply again.
NOTE: Extra credit will be given to students who are currently employed in the grocery industry and/or students who are enrolled in a food industry undergraduate curriculum (i.e. Culinary Arts).
Completed applications and official transcripts must be post-marked by Monday, March 29, 2021.
- Scholarship winners will be selected by an independent panel of educators.
- All applicants will be notified via e-mail in June.
- Winners must be enrolled in college full-time for the 2021 fall semester.
- Scholarship awards will be mailed directly to the student and made payable to the college.
(Winner is responsible for delivering the check to the appropriate office within the college.)