2017 Golf Tournament
November 2, 2017 | Pinehurst , NC
Make plans to join CFIC for the 13th Annual Fall Golf Tournament to be held on Thursday, November 2, 2017. This year the tournament will be held at the legendary Pinehurst Resort in Pinehurst, NC!
Pre-purchase your contract now by contacting Brenna Favara at (919) 832-0811 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Foursomes are $6,000 for member companies ($6,750 non-member companies) and will consist of three players from the sponsoring supplier company plus a retailer of the sponsor’s choice.
Click the image below for details about this year’s event!
Frequently Asked Questions
We are excited that you are participating in the annual CFIC Golf Tournament! While this is not CFIC’s first tournament it is the first time CFIC is hosting the tournament at the legendary Pinehurst Resort.
Below you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions. Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact CFIC Staff at (919) 832-0811 or e-mail Brenna Favara at email@example.com.
- Be sure your first and last name is on your golf bag.
- If you have a guest staying at the hotel with you, be sure to register your guest at the hotel prior to check in.
- ID is required onsite and each hotel guest will be given a resort ID card.
- Check the weather and dress accordingly. Rain or shine – the tournament will take place.
What courses will be used for the CFIC Tournament and what style of play?
Click the links below for the course overview and hole-by-hole guide.
- Course No. 1 – Before Greens Were Green
- Course No. 5 – Cornerstone of Classic Pinehurst Courses
- Both courses will have a shotgun start and play Captain’s Choice; Par is Your Friend
Pre-Purchase Mulligans – Proceeds benefit CFIC’s Political Action Committees (PACs)
Save time, skip the line and pre-purchase mulligans for your team. Mulligans are $50 per team (8 mulligans) or $15 per player (2 mulligans). Mulligans can also be purchased on-site. All mulligans must be purchased with personal funds only.
- Why does CFIC require personal funds for mulligans?
Proceeds from mulligan sales benefit CFIC’s PAC which helps CFIC support campaigns for business-friendly legislators who influence bills that impact retailers’ profitability and business operations – ultimately keeping jobs in-state. Under NC Law, corporate checks and corporate credit cards are NOT permitted for mulligan purchases. Only personal funds can be accepted.
The grocery industry needs a strong voice in legislation and that voice is CFIC.
Several sponsorship opportunities are available. For a complete detailed list click here.
The Pinehurst Resort will allow limited product donations. They have a very strict policy that CFIC must adhere to. Click here for the product donation form.
- No glass bottles are permitted on the course.
- Variety of beverages is limited to four per company.
- Donated, packaged snacks for the golf carts are needed.
- Due to space restrictions, donated product will only be accepted on October 31 and November 1.
- Donated food cannot be served at the meals.
Resort casual attire is acceptable while on property. Jackets are not required for dinner. Denim, halter tops, and shorts are not acceptable attire on the golf course. Metal spikes are prohibited.
To secure your room, contact the Pinehurst Resort at (855) 235-8507. Take advantage for CFIC’s room block rate by referencing code 67752 and booking your room by Monday, October 2, 2017.
- The Carolina Hotel: 80 Carolina Vista Drive, Pinehurst, NC 28374 ($189 per night)
- The Holly Inn: 155 Cherokee Road, Pinehurst, NC 28374 ($169 per night)
Additional Lodging Nearby – No room block rates available.
- Comfort Inn and Suites (910) 215-5500
- Hampton Inn (910) 693-4330
- Homestead Suites at Olmstead Village (910) 255-0300
- Mid Pines Inn (910) 692-2114
- Pinecrest Inn (910) 295-6121
- Pine Needles (910) 692-7111
The Pinehurst Resort offers complimentary shuttle service to all Resort owned facilities and to Pinehurst Village property during regular operating hours (6:00 am–12:00 midnight). Shuttle service is “on call”.
Golf Pro Shop
All registered players* will receive a $125 gift card for the Pinehurst Golf Shop along with a 20% discount for any items purchased on the tournament day.
*CFIC staff must honor your companies’ policy on accepting gifts therefore some players may not be permitted to receive a gift card.
Golf Club and Shoe Rentals
The Pinehurst Resort offers Titleist club rentals for $80 per day. Player is responsible for all rental fees and for reserving their own clubs in advance of the tournament. For more information, contact the main golf shop at (910) 235-8141.
Flying to North Carolina – Need to Ship Your Golf Clubs?
For a hassle-free experience, CFIC staff recommends using Ship Sticks to get your golf clubs to and from Pinehurst. Plan to have your clubs shipped 48 hours in advance of the golf tournament. Shipping costs will range from $39 to $59 per bag each way, and all bags will be delivered to The Carolina Hotel (80 Carolina Vista Drive, Pinehurst, NC 28374) and held in storage until your arrival. For further details on the service or to receive a quote, visit shipsticks.com/pinehurst-resort. Note: Shipping fees are not included in the cost of the golf contract.
The Spa at Pinehurst
The Pinehurst Resort offers full spa services. Advanced reservations are highly encouraged. Contact the Spa directly at (855) 235-8507 to schedule your appointment. All spa services are at your own expense, however as a CFIC member you will receive a 10% discount off any spa treatment.
Onsite – Carolina Hotel
- Carolina Coffee Shop
- Carolina Dining Room (855) 235-8507 (Option 6)
- Ryder Cup Lounge
Onsite – Clubhouse
- 91st Hole
- Clubhouse: The Deuce
Onsite – Course No. 8
- Centennial Dining Room
Onsite – Holly Inn
- 1895 Grille – (855) 235-8507 (Option 6)
- The Tavern
Offsite – Fine Dining
- 195 American Fusion, Southern Pines – (910) 692-7110
- Chef Warren’s, A Southern Pines Bistro – (910) 692-5240
- Elliot’s on Linden, Pinehurst – (910) 215-0775
- Ironwood Grill, Pinehurst – (910) 255-0000
- Pinecrest Inn Dining Room, Pinehurst – (910) 295-6121
- Southern Prime Steakhouse, Southern Pines – (910) 693-0123
Offsite – Casual
- Bonefish, Aberdeen – (910) 692-1131
- Drum and Quill Public House, Village of Pinehurst – (910) 295-3193
- Hickory Tavern, Aberdeen – (910) 235-3850
- Outback, Aberdeen – (910) 695-7000
- Pinehurst Pizza, Behind Clark Chevrolet – (910) 255-0088
- Vito’s Ristorante & Pizzeria, Southern Pines – (910) 692-7815 *Only cash accepted.
Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, 8th, 16th and last place. Click here to view the prizes.