The Carolinas Food Industry Council has established relationships with a number of key emergency management organizations in both states, including the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), North Carolina Emergency Management (NCEM), and the South Carolina Emergency Management Division (SC EMD) to provide CFIC members with real-time information during natural or man-made disasters and to partner with these agencies for relief and recovery operations.
When the Emergency Operations Center is activated in either state, CFIC maintains a physical presence so we are poised to assist members. It is through this seat at the table that our members will receive the following information before, during, and after a disaster:
- Weather impacts (wind, rain, storm path, flooding, etc.)
- Statewide Emergency Declarations
- Price gouging laws
- Local alcohol sales prohibitions
- Emergency Reentry Passes
- Boil Water Advisories
- Disaster SNAP, hot foods waivers, SNAP replacement benefits
- Road closures and re-routing assistance
- Power outages
- North Carolina Emergency Management (NCEM)
- South Carolina Emergency Management Division (SCEMD)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
For more information on CFIC’s emergency management program, contact Lindsey Kueffner at (919) 832-0811.