The Carolinas Food Industry Council (CFIC) is proud to offer employees of its member companies and their children the opportunity to apply to win a $2,500 college scholarship. Funded by the Council’s charitable foundation, the Retail Consumer Alliance (RCA), the Everett & Trudy Suddreth Scholarships of Excellence are awarded annually to a total of 40 students.
Eligible applicants must be either:
- A spouse or dependent of a permanent, full-time employee of a CFIC Retail, Wholesale or Supplier Member Company (the employee must be employed for at least one year as of 1/1/21); or
- Any student who at a minimum is a part-time employee of a CFIC Retail, Wholesale or Supplier Member Company (The student must be employed for at least six months as of 1/1/21).
- Click here for a list of all CFIC Member Organizations. If the organization you work for is not on the list please contact CFIC staff for more information on how to become a CFIC member.
NOTE: The food industry employee (whether a parent or student) must work at a CFIC Member Company location in North or South Carolina, and must be employed at the time the winners are selected. Qualified scholarship recipients may attend a college located in any state.
- High School Seniors enrolling for the 2021 fall semester as College Freshmen and College Undergraduates enrolling for the 2021 fall semester.
- Students who have previously received a CFIC scholarship are eligible to apply again.
NOTE: Extra credit will be given to students who are currently employed in the grocery industry and/or students who are enrolled in a food industry undergraduate curriculum (i.e. Culinary Arts).
Completed applications and official transcripts must be post-marked by Monday, March 29, 2021.
- Scholarship winners will be selected by an independent panel of educators.
- All applicants will be notified via e-mail in June.
- Winners must be enrolled in college full-time for the 2021 fall semester.
- Scholarship awards will be mailed directly to the student and made payable to the college.
(Winner is responsible for delivering the check to the appropriate office within the college.)