The Carolinas Food Industry Council (CFIC) is proud to offer employees of its member companies the opportunity to apply to win a $2,500 Everett & Trudy Suddreth Scholarship of Excellence Award. Funded by the Council’s charitable foundation, the Retail Consumer Alliance (RCA), this scholarship is awarded annually to a total of 40 deserving students.
- A spouse or dependent of a permanent, full-time employee of a CFIC Retail, Wholesale or Supplier Member Company. (Employee must be employed for at least one year as of 1/1/19.)
- Any student who at a minimum is a part-time employee of a CFIC Retail, Wholesale or Supplier Member Company. (Student must be employed for at least six months as of 1/1/19.)
NOTE: The food industry employee (whether a parent or student) must work at a CFIC Member Company location in North or South Carolina, and must be employed at the time the winners are selected. Qualified scholarship recipients may attend a college located in any state.
- High School Seniors enrolling for the 2019 fall semester as College Freshmen and College Undergraduates enrolling for the 2019 fall semester.
- Students who have previously received a CFIC scholarship are eligible to apply again.
NOTE: Extra credit will be given to students who are currently employed in the grocery industry and/or students who are enrolled in a food industry undergraduate curriculum (i.e. Culinary Arts).
Completed applications and official transcripts must be post-marked by Monday, March 25, 2019.
- Scholarship winners will be selected by an independent panel of educators.
- All applicants will be notified via e-mail in June.
- Winners must be enrolled in college full-time for the 2019 fall semester.
- Scholarship awards will be mailed directly to the student and made payable to the college.
(Winner is responsible for delivering the check to the appropriate office within the college.)
Click here to print a poster for your business or school.
If you have any questions, please contact Sarah Cribb at (919) 832-0811 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.